Thursday, September 6, 2012

quotes are art


So for the past few days I’ve been visiting the website www.arts.state.wi.us/static and checking their Wisconsin news. Looking through everything, the news and grant stuff didn’t really jump out. What did jump out, however, were the daily quotes at the beginning of each newsletter. I’m a HUGE quote person. I think that WASC (leadership camp) has really affected me in that way. A quote, to me, is like art. Every word is chosen carefully in order to give off a certain mood or feeling. Quotes make me cry, laugh, ponder, feel angry, etc. Just like art. So instead of sharing art or helpful tidbits on how to get grants in WI, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite quotes from the past few days. Enjoy!

“Everybody is ignorant, only in different subjects.” – Will Rogers

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

“Envy is an insult to oneself.” – Yevgeny Yevtushenko

“I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.” – Joe Walsh

“Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” – William Faulkner

“If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein

“When you're happy for yourself, it fills you. When you're happy for someone else, it pours over.”– Sarah Addison Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment