Thursday, September 6, 2012

scholastic website of fun


Wandering around on the Scholastic Art website, AGAIN, I was inspired. WHO WOULD’VE GUESSED. But hey, get a huge gallery full of unique art from kids my age, and I don’t know who wouldn’t be impressed. I guess I really didn’t know there were so many art awards out there to win even. Writing too. This website is another good example of how closely related art and writing is. Writing is a work of art constructed of words with meaningful diction, rather than canvases covered in emotional strokes. Here are a few of the works that stood out to me while browsing.

BRIANNA
ROBINSON

Age 17, Grade 12
Mallard Creek High School
Charlotte, NC
Teacher: Kristin St Martin
·         Regional Affiliate: The Arts Education Department of the Charlotte-Mec

Gold Medal Description: award
2012 



MIN JEONG
CHO

Age 17, Grade 11
Interlochen Arts Academy
Interlochen, MI
Teacher: Melinda Zacher
·         Regional Affiliate: Alliance

Silver Medal Description: award
2012 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment